Life has been a bit mental for me recently and I’ve let a fair few aspects of my life slide, this blog being one of them. I’m feeling more focused at the moment and somewhat more organised so I’m hoping I’ll be able to get more shizz done and feel slightly more sane and human like. I thought I’d hit you today with a little bit of an update to let you know whats been happening recently and some plans I have over the next month or so.
- Tom and I recently spent an amazing weekend in Edinburgh. We booked it after our summer holiday (yes it was in June so it was kind of summer??) and we realised we had no other holidays or weekends away planned. We went with one of our couple friends and honestly had THE best time. It was amazing discovering a new city and we literally couldn’t have crammed any more touristy things in if we tried! I’m hoping to pop up a couple of posts about our trip and things to see and do in case any of you fancy dipping your toes into the beautiful and scenic country of Scotland.
- Given that last month I went to London twice, spent a long weekend in Edinburgh and had a few out of control shopping sprees, my bank and I have seriously fallen out. I promised myself I’d never be one of those people living beyond their means and relying on credit cards, stupidly I have fallen into the trap. I now have a pretty hefty credit card bill, am living well beyond my means and supplementing my lack of funds by using my credit card as a debit card. So for the month of August, I have declared a spending ban (cue dramatic dun dun duuunnn). In all seriousness though I really feel like I need to press reset on my finances and focus on saving and making money rather than spending it. That means no unnecessary makeup or clothing purchases, home ware or stationary hauls, literally nothing that I do not need or is unnecessary. The only allowance is for necessities like loo roll, petrol and bills and a specific budget allowance where food and socialising is concerned. I’m slightly panicky at this prospect but know I need to take some drastic action to focus on paying off debts and saving for our house. I’ll be sharing how I get along, hints and tips on here but you can follow me on Snapchat to see a daily peek of how I’m doing (you can find me by searching bellalamoda).
- As I mentioned earlier I’ve let a few things slide of late, one of those being my health and I’ve really reached a point where I can’t let it continue. I’m joining Slimming World again this week to help clean up and make a change to my diet. I’ve done Slimming World before and I’ve found it a really easy, simple plan to follow but the meals still taste really good and filling and I don’t feel like I’m starving myself. Tom’s joining it with me so we can compete and spur one another on.
- I’m also going to try and do something about my fitness, which again has completely diminished. I’m toying with doing a gym/ pool that does classes too so once I’m fitter I have the options there to mix things up. I’m also swaying towards getting a personal trainer, which I know is costly but I feel like I need someone to give me a push and focus me on my goals. At the very minimum I’m going from zero exercise at the moment, so I’m aiming to exercise at least twice a week.
- I’m in the process of sorting our spare bedroom, a room that has remained cluttered and a mess for two years now, with me continually promising myself (and Tom) it will be cleared and become useable. I’ve made a start but it still represents how my mind feels at the moment, stressed and cluttered. I’ve cleared and thrown out a fair bit but still have a long way to go so am planning to make my way through this room, by the very latest, at the end of the month. Any tips you have for organising and decluttering, are very much welcome!
I guess this post kind of turned into an update/ goals themed post, but it helped me get a few things of my chest! What have you guys been up to? Do you have any goals you want to achieve by the end of the month?